“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching” Hebrews 10:25
We all hoped that this COVID-19 pandemic would end quickly and the restrictions and guidelines would be removed. We believe now that we will be in this situation for many more months.
As restrictions have eased we have commenced In-Church services. Due to the current government regulations and guidelines surrounding mass gatherings, we are limited to 50 attendees.
This cap of 50 attendees does not include staff, volunteers or performers. However, our experience so far has shown that 50 is nearing the high end of our ability to manage safe social distancing in the sanctuary for the duration of the service. In order to effectively manage the safety of those attending our services we are limiting our count of excluded staff people to 5, which gives us a total maximum of 55 people in the sanctuary on Sunday.
At this point we are filling up most Sundays but have rarely turned people away from attending the service.
All our services are live-streamed on our YouTube channel, houstonbcbaptist, with a link to the current weeks service on our web site home page, www.houstonbaptist.ca with a start time of 10:00am.
We will continually evaluate our efforts, the needs of the church, and the government guidelines regarding church services to best serve the church, honour the government, and protect our people during this pandemic.
Our plan for services is as follows:
- Everyone hoping to attend services must register in advance by 5:00 PM on the Saturday immediately before the service. You can register by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting one of our pastors or elders. If you send an email you will receive an email by Saturday evening that will confirm that you are registered or that there is no room for you that week.
- You will need to register for each service you are hoping to attend.
- If you are feeling unwell, or exhibiting any symptoms, please do not attend. If you are unable to attend please cancel your booking
- As per BC Health Authority guidelines you must maintain social distancing (6ft) and refrain from hugging, shaking hands, or other forms of physical contact.
- Upon arriving at the church, please remain outside to await being led to your seat by an usher.
- Seating will be arranged by family units (singles will be considered a family unit), in order to maintain effective social distancing.
- Everyone must use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- We ask that once seated you remain in your seat until the service is over except for washroom usage. (The upstairs washroom will be available).
- At this point we do not have a feasible plan for partaking in communion, although we are working on a plan to make communion possible.
- Offering baskets will be placed at the exits, but we encourage online giving as much as possible.
- With low numbers of attendees, and adequate spacing, we anticipate singing being part of our worship service.
- Children’s Church and Nursery will not be available until further notice. Colouring sheets will not be provided (as per B.C. Health and Safety guidelines).
- There will be no coffee service until further notice.
- At the conclusion of the service, please exit in an orderly manner with appropriate distancing between family groups
- We ask that you refrain from stopping and visiting in the building, but encourage you to visit safely in the parking lot.
We are also open to receiving feedback regarding this plan. Please send comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We continue to pray for you all and we look forward to gathering together as a whole church soom.