“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching” Hebrews 10:25
We all hoped that this COVID-19 pandemic would end quickly and the restrictions and guidelines would be removed. We believe now that we will be in this situation for many more months.
As restrictions ease we are planning to commence In-Church services on June 14. Due to the current government regulations and guidelines surrounding mass gatherings, we are limited to 50 people.
With the need of approximately 10 volunteers and staff for the service to function, we will be limiting attendees to 40 people. If more than 40 people sign-up to attend the services in-person, we will need to alternate weekly attendance, so that everyone has an opportunity to attend.
We are starting with one service for now so that we are able to meet together in a safe and controlled environment. If it becomes evident that a second service is desired, and we are able to meet the Health Authority’s guidelines, we will explore the option of a second service. We are also considering having one service each month with reduced numbers to allow immunocompromised people to safely attend.
All our services will be live-streamed on YouTube and possibly Facebook, with start time of 10:00am.
We will continually evaluate our efforts, the needs of the church, and the government guidelines regarding church services to best serve the church, honour the government, and protect our people during this pandemic.
Our plan for services is as follows:
- Everyone hoping to attend services will have to register in advance, so that we are able to develop a list of interested attendees. You will need to register for each service you are hoping to attend.
- People who register for services will be placed on a schedule and will be notified which weeks you are able to attend.
- If you are feeling unwell, or exhibiting any symptoms, please do not attend. If you are unable to attend please cancel your booking
- As per BC Health Authority guidelines please maintain social distancing (6ft) and refrain from hugging, shaking hands, or other forms of physical contact.
- Upon arriving at the church, please remain outside to await being led to your seat by an usher.
- Seating will be arranged by family units (singles will be considered a family unit), in order to maintain effective social distancing.
- Everyone must use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- We ask that once seated you remain in your seat until the service is over (The upstairs washroom will be available).
- At this point we do not have a feasible plan for partaking in communion.
- Offering baskets will be placed at the exits, but we encourage online giving as much as possible.
- With low numbers of attendees, and adequate spacing, we anticipate singing being part of our worship service.
- Children’s Church and Nursery will not be available until further notice. Colouring sheets will not be provided (as per B.C. Health and Safety guidelines).
- There will be no coffee service until further notice.
- At the conclusion of the service, please remain seated until directions have been given for a safe and orderly exit.
- We ask that you refrain from stopping and visiting in the building, but encourage you to visit safely in the parking lot.
We are also open to receiving feedback regarding this plan. Please send comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can sign up for services at www.houstonbaptist.ca/events
We continue to pray for you all and we look forward to gathering together as a whole church soon